If you have a small space and need a good heating and air conditioning system to go with it, consider ductless mini-split systems.
In today’s booming age of technology, there are plenty of options when it comes to needing heating and air conditioning for small spaces. A new and energy-improved option that is the cat’s meow for small spaces is a ductless mini-split system. This convenient HVAC system heats and cools spaces when traditional systems are not an ideal option.
Ductless Mini-Split Systems Offer Big Benefits for Small Spaces
Ductless mini-split systems are small (hence the “mini”), quiet, and pretty flexible when it comes to heating and cooling specific areas of your home. But how exactly do they operate?
There are two main components of the ductless mini-split system:
- A condensing unit that is outdoors (this is where the “mini” comes in as these are much smaller than the standard air-source heat pumps and are quite easy to hide behind a well placed shrub or bush).
- The evaporator, or fan coil, that goes indoors.
These two units are run by electricity and are connected by copper tubing. A ductless mini-system is a definite option to consider if you:
- Own an older house without a good ductwork system
- Are adding onto your house and are facing challenges in connecting the addition to your HVAC system
- Want to supplement your current heating and cooling system without completely revamping it
- Have a specific area or small space you want to heat or cool
Another nice perk to the ductless mini-split system is installation. Installing these little darlings is less invasive than retrofitting conventional ductwork. In fact, it only requires a hole with a diameter of a mere 3 inches in the outside wall. Installation can be done in as little as a few hours when you hire a professional.
If you think a ductless mini-split system could be the perfect heating and air conditioning solution for your small space needs, the professional team at Griffin Heating & Air Conditioning would love to help. Contact us today to learn more about this and other great heating and air conditioning options for your small space, or just call 704 873-1749.