Could you use some professional plumbing tips to help you choose the right water heater?
In the world of plumbing, one of the most important choices homeowners make is about selecting the right hot water heater for their home. Every day, your hot water heater provides the key ingredient for a hundred simple tasks. Washing clothes, doing dishes, bathing the kids ... the list is endless. So you can see how choosing the wrong water heater could end up driving you a little crazy over time.
So what should you consider when making your choice? Here are the four basic categories to think about:
- Fuel type: There are a couple of items to think about here. First, what fuel types are available for you to use? Does your house have access to natural gas, or only electric?
- Size: How much hot water are you likely to use in a given day? Do you run multiple water-based appliances at once? If the answer is yes, you need to ensure the heater you select has the capacity you need. You also don't want to overestimate by too much, or else you'll pay a lot more on your utility bill, continuously heating water you'll never use.
- Energy Efficiency: If you're interested in maximizing energy savings, then some models will be better suited to your needs than others.
- Cost: Before you make your final decision, run the numbers. In addition to the initial out of pocket, how much is this water heater going to cost you to operate each year? While some units may be less expensive to install, their lack of energy efficiency will quickly add up in the form of increased utility costs.
Once you have the basics, you can examine the various types of water heaters. There are four types to consider:
- Conventional tank storage heaters
- Tankless, or on-demand water heaters
- Heat-pump water heaters
- Solar powered water heaters
Conventional and tankless are the two most popular installation options, but each of the others have their own merit.
If all this information has left your head swimming, don't worry. Here in Statesville, North Carolina, the pros at Griffin Heating & Air Conditioning are standing by ready to help you make the right decision for you and your family. We can get your water heater selected and installed right away, so don't wait. Click this link or call us today at 704-873-1749, and we'll help you take care of all your hot water and plumbing needs.