Looking for some top heating and air conditioning tips this summer? Interested in saving yourself money and hassle? Then read on!
Tips from the Pros: 5 Ways to Boost Efficiency for your HVAC
- Clean it up! We are talking specifically about the area immediately surrounding your outdoor condenser unit. Your heating and air conditioning system will work better if there are no dust and debris cluttering things up and compromising airflow. However, it’s best to hire a professional if you’re looking for more than a superficial cleaning.
- Keep your vents clear. Your indoor vents are the main airways feeding your HVAC system. When they’re blocked by toys, furniture, or other obstructions, it’s hard for your system to run optimally.
- Keep lamps and other sources of heat away from your thermostat. If your thermostat is registering additional heat, it will crank up the air conditioner in response. While your house is relatively cool, your thermostat thinks it’s too hot.
- Keep your shades closed against the sun. This helps deflect some of the heat pouring in through windows at the sun’s zenith. The less heat streaming in, the easier it is for your unit to keep the house cool.
- Avoid using “hot” appliances. We’re looking at you, oven and clothes dryer! Especially if you run them during the warmest periods of the afternoon, you’re simply making it harder for your HVAC system to keep up.
Looking for More Ways to Optimize?
No problem! The professionals here at Griffin Heating and Cooling can do a full evaluation and let you know how you can save even more. Get in touch with our team of climate control pros to discover more steps you can take to boost your home’s heating and air conditioning efficiency this summer.